Join us on an exciting chase for the northern lights
Tromso northern lights chase with 8 seats minivan
Winter in Northern Norway brings amazing natural theater visible on sky during long polar nights-aurora borealis.
Already old cultures considered northern lights as one of the most extraordinary and spectacular experience which is never twice the same.
That’s why we can chase aurora again and again with hope that tonight it will be surprising and colorful as never before.
If you would like to experience this tour with us we will take you to some of the best places to watch northern lights where we will be surrounded with magnificent mountains and fjords far away from the city lights and busy civilization. During whole tour we stay in touch with another experienced guides for getting weather updates from different locations and we follow 3 different weather forecasts to make right conclusions where to go.
With our two full frame cameras we are ready to take portraits of you with northern lights in the background, plus northern lights and scenery photos. Timelapse/video we offer in case of nice strong aurora activity. We will gladly help you with our warm clothing/equipment which you may need here in Arctic.
- Warm dresses: Winter thermal one piece suits : adult sizes XS-XXXL (XS is extra small adult size and XXXL is extra large adult size). Please let us know your clothing sizes and we prepare for you our winter dresses. (please take 2-3 layers of warm clothing under our thermal suits and very warm, thick woolen socks, if possible).
- Kids sizes : from age of 7 (please bring very warm shoes for your kids, we can borrow to you these (EUR) shoes sizes : 32,34,35.
- Light snacks : 2 pieces filled butter pastries with caramel/jam/vanilla cream, or 2 donuts/muffins/croissants and one fruit.
- Hot drinks: Fruit tea without sugar (black currant and cherry), hot chocolate/cocoa, warm water.
- Camp fire with camping chairs and large reindeer skins/mat.
- Tripods: for your camera (upon written request). Please bring your own mobile phone tripods.
- Photos: will be sent to you by email/dropbox link the next day, please let us know your email address on your booking, or by email at the end of the tour.
- Winter shoes rental, including 1 pair small toe warmers (upon request/booking only) 150,-Nok per 1 pair. Please write on booking form -or request by email if online shoes rental option is not working – your shoe sizes : ( available sizes fro rent: EUR 36-48). It is reccomended to bring with you (or to rent) very solid, and extremely warm winter shoes which manage snow, rain and freezing sub zero temperatures (occasionally up to minus 30 degrees Celsius ).
- Warm meal : Vegan/Lactose/Gluten free option for additional 125,-NOK p.p. ( instead of light snacks) : Thai red curry stew : freeze-dried risotto with well seasoned soy meat, rice, coconut milk, chickpeas, tomatoes, red curry spices. Freeze-dried meal, which will be served hot/warm to you=)
Please provide to us your contact informations (phone number and email), where we can reach you in case of bad weather forecast, or if we would like to offer you earlier departure time due to the early northern lights activity, or in case of very long drive (to Finland f.e.)
Free cancellation 24 hours before the tour
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour with 95% money refund (your 5% goes to bank transfers/fees).
Less than 24 hours before the tour : no money refund, unless these conditions occurs:
In case of very bad weather forecast (when most of other companies are canceling their tours due to the bad weather forecast as well), we are offering free cancellation of our northern lights tour with 95% money refund policy.
That offer can happen anytime within 24 hours before the tour (by email, or message, so please check your email regularly during the day of your tour), and can happen latest at the meeting place when we are meeting our customers at 6pm.
We are comparing 3 different weather forecasts updates just before the tour for whole Tromso region (250 kilometers range) and for Finnish border/Finland as well.
Weather forecast may change very fast here in Tromsø region, therefore we are following latest updates from all 3 weather forecasts.
Please note that northern lights are natural phenomenon and not every night are strong and/or bright.
Usually we can see only about 30% of it’s brightness and colours resolution with our naked eyes vs. camera/pictures brightness and colours resolution which you can see on pictures.
We do every tour our very best to find for you as clear sky as possible and wait for appearance of northern lights, however there is no guarantees of seeing northern lights, because it is natural phenomenon.
For customers who wish to proceed tour only with good weather conditions and with good weather/northern lights activity forecast, we kindly recommend to proceed booking of their tour no more than 48 hours before the tour, because more than two days in advance there is no reliable weather forecast. And only one hour in advance we get updates for northern lights activity which is measured by satelite.
Therefore we wish to informe you, that we can’t provide you informations about weather forecast for more than 48 hours in advance, because weather conditions may change very fast here in Tromsø area and in Finland as well.
Please note that we run our tours with minimum of 4 participants.
If we don’t reach that minimum number of participants, we will try to help you out with finding another good provider (or offer you another date), however every provider has different prices which difference would be covered by you and we can provide to you full money refund (including all bank charges).
Please feel free to purchase your own travel and health insurance which would cover your losses in case of your flights delays, or your health problems, or for any damage of your personal belongings during your travels and during your stay in Tromsø, which we are not taking any responsibility for.
ADDITIONAL PRACTICAL INFORMATIONS
- It is perfectly fine to bring your own food,snacks and drinks with you, we completely understand that you may like to enjoy during our tour your own refreshments as well.
Do you wonder about northern lights predictions, solar activity, weather conditions in Tromsø region?
Please feel free to take a look at our FAQ and find answers about:
– Northern lights activity/forecast.
– Northern lights visibility with our naked eyes comparing to the camera Raw pictures at different strength of northern lights activity and during different moon phases.– Northern lights forecasts : key factors for forming “nice, strong, vivid” northern lights, depending on solar activity/strength and magnetic polarization.– Weather conditions, weather forecasts and our chances/probability of finding good sky for you, and about possibility of cancellation due to the bad weather forecast/conditions.– Recommend camera setting for your cameras/mobile phones.– Video/timelapse: camera settings and recommended equipment.